The revenue of China’s online video market hit 17.6 billion Yuan in Q2 2017, rising 1.2% from the preceding quarter and 17.6 % from a year earlier. Affected by the quarterly fluctuations in some top companies, the video industry experienced a plunge in its revenue and had its lowest YoY growth rate over the past several years.
China’s online video advertising revenue attained 10.5 billion Yuan in Q2 2017, rising 33.2% from the preceding quarter and 38.4% from a year earlier. Despite a slight decrease in the year-on-year growth rate in Q2, China’s online video advertising revenue kept the same step with the growth of the total online advertising revenue.
With the revenue of 7.3 billion yuan, China’s online video advertising on mobile devices saw the share it took up in total video advertising revenue constantly increase to 70% in Q2. Thanks to a large user base and the strong loyalty of users, video platforms could explore more value from users. In Q2, top video platforms began to try news feeds ads and have made progress. Therefore, online video industry was expected to release more news feed ads and develop more spaces for them, which would bring forth an increase for the online video advertising revenue.
YoY Growth of China's Online Video Industry Fell to The Lowest in Q2 2017Source:iResearch
October 09,20171:29 PM
- China's Local Lifestyle Serivce O2O Sector Data in 2017
- Revenue of China's SME B2B Platforms Hit 29.2 Bn Yuan in 2017
- China's Online Advertising Sector Data in 2017
- China's Online Education Sector Data in 2017
- China's Online Travel Sector Data in 2017
- Revenue of China's Search Engine Companies Set a New Record in 2017
- China's Online Gaming Sector Data in 2017
- Top 500 Websites in China by UVs in December 2018
- AI Development Road From Technology Innovation to Application
- The Monetization Ability Is The Key For The future Competition Among Short Video...
- Subscription E-Commerce Provides a Personalized and Lower-Cost Marketing...
- China's FMCG B2B Market Has Great Room For Further Development
- Online Flight & Train Ticket Booking Market Experienced Stable Growth in 2018
- Strengths and Challenges of K12 Dual-teacher Classes in China