In Q2 2017, the GMV of China’s B2C online shopping industry hit 900 billion Yuan with a share of 59.7% in the whole domestic online shopping market, up 5.2% compared with the corresponding period in the previous year. Meanwhile, the YoY growth of B2C online shopping in Q2 2017 was 42.0%, much higher than that of C2C market (which was 14.8%). iResearch holds the opinion that the expansion of B2C market’s share in online shopping was largely owing to the development of Tmall and JD.
In Q2 2017, Tmall still kept the largest market share in China’s B2C market and JD ranked the second. The market share of these two giants totaled over 80% with an average YoY growth of 47%, indicating that the two giants’ business development fuel the growth of B2C online shopping in China. Meanwhile, the competition among other companies was still fierce. Suning and Gome had a growth rate higher than the general growth rate of B2C industry, and NetEase Kaola, as a representative cross-border e-commerce platform, also kept a fast development.
Seen from market share from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017, it can be found that Tmall always took the first place and JD always ranked the second. The market concentration rate in Q2 2017 remained generally stable compared with the previous quarters, and the comprehensive e-commerce structure among Tmall, JD and Suning was stable. Thus, for new comers in B2C market, the entrance barrier for comprehensive e-commerce was relatively high, and vertical industries might become their main battlefield.
China's B2C Online Shopping Market Surged 42.0% in Q2 2017Source:iResearch
November 01,20172:43 PM
- iResearch's Insights Into Investments in New Retail
- GMV of China's Online Shopping Market Hit 8.0 Tn Yuan in 2018
- Revenue of China's Online Education Market Increased by 25.7% in 2018
- Revenue of China's Online Video Industry Totaled 96.27 Bn Yuan in 2018
- Mobile Finance Got A Shrinking Share in China's Third-party Mobile Payment Market
- Mobile E-commerce Had Significant Growth in China in 2018
- AI Technology Fuels The Development of Smart Security Robots
- 2022 China Industrial Goods B2B Industry Report
- 2022 HR Digitalization in China
- 2022 Basic Cloud Service Industry Data Report
- 2022 Digital Transformation of China’s Real Estate Industry
- 2022 Trends in China Cross-border E-commerce Service Industry
- 2022 China Cross-border E-commerce SaaS Industry Report
- 2022 Ecological Value of Women-Centric Variety Shows