In Q2 2017, the GMV of China’s B2C online shopping industry hit 900 billion Yuan with a share of 59.7% in the whole domestic online shopping market, up 5.2% compared with the corresponding period in the previous year. Meanwhile, the YoY growth of B2C online shopping in Q2 2017 was 42.0%, much higher than that of C2C market (which was 14.8%). iResearch holds the opinion that the expansion of B2C market’s share in online shopping was largely owing to the development of Tmall and JD.
In Q2 2017, Tmall still kept the largest market share in China’s B2C market and JD ranked the second. The market share of these two giants totaled over 80% with an average YoY growth of 47%, indicating that the two giants’ business development fuel the growth of B2C online shopping in China. Meanwhile, the competition among other companies was still fierce. Suning and Gome had a growth rate higher than the general growth rate of B2C industry, and NetEase Kaola, as a representative cross-border e-commerce platform, also kept a fast development.
Seen from market share from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017, it can be found that Tmall always took the first place and JD always ranked the second. The market concentration rate in Q2 2017 remained generally stable compared with the previous quarters, and the comprehensive e-commerce structure among Tmall, JD and Suning was stable. Thus, for new comers in B2C market, the entrance barrier for comprehensive e-commerce was relatively high, and vertical industries might become their main battlefield.
China's B2C Online Shopping Market Surged 42.0% in Q2 2017Source:iResearch
November 01,20172:43 PM
- China's Online Shopping GMV Approached 5 Trillion Yuan in 2016
- Copyrighted Contents Were Popular Among Mobile Video Apps Users in 2016
- Alibaba Still Dominated China's SME B2B E-Commerce Market in 2016
- Revenue of China's Online Video Sector Topped 60 Bn Yuan in 2016
- China's Online Advertising Witnessed Innovative Development in 2016
- China's E-commerce GMV Surpassed 20 Trillion Yuan in 2016
- China's Third Party Online Payment GMV Soared 62.2% in 2016
- China's B2C Online Shopping Market Surged 42.0% in Q2 2017
- Top 500 Websites in China by UVs in September 2017
- China's Online Shopping GMV Hit 1.45 Tn Yuan in Q2 2017
- Chinese Online Music Market Develops Steadily
- Top 500 Apps in China by UDs in September 2017
- Penetration of China's Mobile Education Industry Rose in Q2 2017
- GMV of China's Third-Party Mobile Payment Market Topped 27 Tn Yuan in Q2 2017