Data from iResearch shows that the GMV of China’s online vacation booking market reached 54.87 billion Yuan in the first half of 2017, rising by 35.8% compared with the corresponding period of the previous year, and accounted for 16.5% in China’s online travel market. Besides, the GMV in Q1 and Q2 was relatively stable, while due to the seasonal influence and the impact of public holidays, short trips took a dominant share in the market.
According to data from iResearch, Tuniu’s market share in online vacation market increased to 20.3% in the first half of 2017 and achieved a fast growth in the number of its clients thanks to the enrichment of its individual products. Meanwhile, Tuniu’s investments in marketing and brand image building accelerated its expansion in online vocation market as well.
Data from iResearch shows that the structure of China’s online vacation market remained stable in the first half of 2017 compared with that in 2016. Outbound travel accounted for 52,9% in online vacation market; Short-distance trips took a share of 23.5%; and domestic travels took up 23.6%. According to data from CNTA, Chinese outbound tourists totaled 62.03 million with a YoY growth of 5%, and currently more than 120 million valid private passports have been issued, indicating a huge potential for outbound tourism in the future development.
GMV of China's Online Vacation Market Topped 54 Bn Yuan in H1 2017Source:iResearch
December 05,201710:02 PM
- China's Local Lifestyle Serivce O2O Sector Data in 2017
- Revenue of China's SME B2B Platforms Hit 29.2 Bn Yuan in 2017
- China's Online Advertising Sector Data in 2017
- China's Online Education Sector Data in 2017
- China's Online Travel Sector Data in 2017
- Revenue of China's Search Engine Companies Set a New Record in 2017
- China's Online Gaming Sector Data in 2017
- Revenue of China's Internet literature Surged 32.1%
- Weixin Pay and Alipay Launched August Cashless Campaigns to Promote Mobi...
- Dada-JD Daojia Raised $500 Mn From JD and Walmart
- China's Local Lifestyle Service O2O Has Huge Development Potential
- iQiyi Launched iQiyi Sports App Partnering With Super Sports Media
- Alibaba Formed Strategic Partnership With Starbucks
- Food Delivery Apps' Competition Emphasis Shifts to Retaining The Existing Users ...