Data from iResearch shows that the GMV of China’s online vacation booking market reached 54.87 billion Yuan in the first half of 2017, rising by 35.8% compared with the corresponding period of the previous year, and accounted for 16.5% in China’s online travel market. Besides, the GMV in Q1 and Q2 was relatively stable, while due to the seasonal influence and the impact of public holidays, short trips took a dominant share in the market.
According to data from iResearch, Tuniu’s market share in online vacation market increased to 20.3% in the first half of 2017 and achieved a fast growth in the number of its clients thanks to the enrichment of its individual products. Meanwhile, Tuniu’s investments in marketing and brand image building accelerated its expansion in online vocation market as well.
Data from iResearch shows that the structure of China’s online vacation market remained stable in the first half of 2017 compared with that in 2016. Outbound travel accounted for 52,9% in online vacation market; Short-distance trips took a share of 23.5%; and domestic travels took up 23.6%. According to data from CNTA, Chinese outbound tourists totaled 62.03 million with a YoY growth of 5%, and currently more than 120 million valid private passports have been issued, indicating a huge potential for outbound tourism in the future development.
GMV of China's Online Vacation Market Topped 54 Bn Yuan in H1 2017Source:iResearch
December 05,201710:02 PM
- Reports Released by iResearch in 2017
- China's B2C Online Shopping Market Surged 42.0% in Q2 2017
- Top 500 Apps in China by UDs in September 2017
- GMV of China's Third-Party Mobile Payment Market Topped 27 Tn Yuan in Q2 2017
- The Revenue of China's Internet Economy Reached a New Height in Q2 2017
- YoY Growth of China's Online Video Industry Fell to The Lowest in Q2 2017
- China’s Online Advertising Hit 86.16 Bn Yuan in Q2 2017
- For The First Time, Tencent Grabbed Over 50% of China's Online Gaming Marke...
- China's Computer Visual Technology Has a Promising Future
- China's Mobile App Safety Service Market Is on The Road to Fast Development
- Native Ads Is Expected to Occupy A Half of Online Advertising in China by 2020
- Auotmobile Owners Prefer German and Domestic Brands When Repurchasing Au...
- GMV of China's Online Vacation Market Topped 54 Bn Yuan in H1 2017
- Top 500 Websites in China by UVs in October 2017