Top Game Companies Transfer Strategy Emphasis to Mobile Game in ChinaSource:iResearch
July 18,201811:01 AM
Among the top 10 listed online gaming companies in China, only Sohu Changyou and Cheetah Mobile Inc had mobile game revenues lower than their PC game revenues in Q1 2018, and their rankings fell to the bottom of the top 10 list. This to some extent indicated that many traditional PC game companies especially the domestic top gaming companies represented by 37 Interactive Entertainment, Yoozoo and Giant Network are shifting their core business to mobile gaming market.
In Q1 2018, Tencent seized over a half of mobile gaming market in China, revealing the company’s dominant position in mobile gaming market.
In Q1 2018, the revenue of mobile gaming market approximated 42.5 billion Yuan with a YoY growth of 11.8% and a QoQ growth of 16.5%. This is the first time that China’s mobile gaming revenue exceeding 40 billion Yuan. In Q1 2018, Tencent released two official mobile games, PUBG: Ciji Zhanchang and PUBG: Quanjun Chuji. These two games, although not charged yet, played important role in attracting mobile game players. Meanwhile, the applet platform on WeChat made H5 games popular again, and leisure games like Piano II and Physics Balls attracted a lot of game players. What’s more, Chu Liuxiang developed by NetEase had breakthrough in MMORPG market and set a new benchmarking for mobile game quality and experience.
- iResearch's Insights Into Investments in New Retail
- GMV of China's Online Shopping Market Hit 8.0 Tn Yuan in 2018
- Revenue of China's Online Education Market Increased by 25.7% in 2018
- Revenue of China's Online Video Industry Totaled 96.27 Bn Yuan in 2018
- Mobile Finance Got A Shrinking Share in China's Third-party Mobile Payment Market
- Mobile E-commerce Had Significant Growth in China in 2018
- AI Technology Fuels The Development of Smart Security Robots
- 2022 China Industrial Goods B2B Industry Report
- 2022 HR Digitalization in China
- 2022 Basic Cloud Service Industry Data Report
- 2022 Digital Transformation of China’s Real Estate Industry
- 2022 Trends in China Cross-border E-commerce Service Industry
- 2022 China Cross-border E-commerce SaaS Industry Report
- 2022 Ecological Value of Women-Centric Variety Shows